Volunteer

Hellooo brother.......(dengan gaya Damon Salvatore. Yeay!!! My vamp is back!) 


It's been a while. Miss me? Haha...I've been busy with my final exams and now they're gone. Hopefully for good. For last semester subjects I mean. I have quite a number of topics in mind so lets just start with this one. Volunteer.


No. No. No. I'm not doing any voluntary work for the society.....yet I guess. I wanna talk about the other definition of 'volunteer' and I shall show you a couple of good examples.


Case 1
Six people are going to a place, all will be put in one car, including the driver of course. One of them suddenly said, "Hey, I volunteer to sit in front." 


Case 2
The six people stay in a small hotel room that only has a single bed. Full house. One of them said, "Hmm...." After 30 seconds pause he continues, "I volunteer to sleep on the bed."


Well, what do you think? I am surprised that some people can misuse this word 'volunteer' and make them sound humble. Weird. But it happens. 


I think this is the nicest way to be harsh on people right? Because I bet, we don't know what are we supposed to do and how to react when we heard someone said like that. Actually, we don't know the nicest way to fight back because 'volunteer' is a good word. How can we say 'no' when someone wants to volunteer? 


Ouh...I got an idea. Maybe we can say....


"I'm fat. So I'm supposed to sit in front. All four of you can sit at the back with comfort." 


or 


"My spinal cord is lacking calcium. I can't sleep on the floor. You seem tough. So please excuse me (grinning)."


Be more humble. HaHa. Know someone like this???




No comments: