A Good Memory

Lately I've been watching too many Korean drama. Straight to the point, these are my recommendation for 2011 series:

1. City Hunter 
2. Protect The Boss 
3. Scent Of  A Woman
4. Heartstrings

Ok, lets move to another story. A flashback.

I was 13 and just started my secondary school. It was nearly 11 years ago. I met a friend and her name was I-don't-remember. She was quiet and didn't talk much. I was curious.

One day, while waiting for our lab instructor, I had a chance to talk to her since she was standing behind me. She also began to talk. I was shock when she told me that she had to repeat the first year. She was 14 and should be in Form 2. It was a very rare case. 

I asked her why. She told me that she was diagnosed to have cervical cancer. Again, I was shock. At the age of 14? She had gone through surgery and maybe some other cancer treatments. 

That was the first and the last time I talked to her. Because I don't remember talking to her anymore. Suddenly one day she just didn't show up at school and same thing for tomorrow, tomorrow and tomorrow. Nobody asked. 

One thing is, I can't recall her name. But I think I can still imagine her dull face. I don't know if she survived the disease. But I'm envy of her spirit to keep moving on and be back at school despite her condition back then. I believe that it's not her intention to miss school. Therefore, I hope she is in a good place right now. 

A short message to the cancer patients out there. 

Although I might not be able to understand every single pain you've gone through, at least now I have a thing worth sharing. That is:

" The biggest regret of the dying is to give up. "




No comments: