How I wish I have it back...

For the past 22 years, I have to spend my entire life along with an optical defect which is called Astigmatism. It means that the cornea is oval like a football instead of spherical like a basketball. This causes light to focus on more than one point in the eye, resulting in blurred vision at distance or near. In my case, astigmatism occurs along with nearsightedness or myopia (but only minor)

When traveling in a car at night, I can't sit at the front due to the car's light coming from the opposite direction. In my vision, the light spreads into thousand pieces that it hurts my eyes so much. If I look into a bulb, I can hardly see the bulb itself instead of the spreading light.

It isn't an issue of being farsighted or nearsighted for me. Either way, I just couldn't see. All sources of light always skew or distort. I can find any other COD (cause of defect instead of cause of death) other than a pair of oval corneas. Well, maybe I watched TV a lot or read in the dark or simply genetic.

Astigmatism can be cured by glasses, lenses or surgeries. It causes me RM400+ for a pair of lenses, which must be kept well for 1.0-1.5 years. But I am still determine to get this lenses as I am sick of wearing glasses all the time.

Comparing your perfect vision with mine, how I wish to have it back and brighten my life again.





6 comments:

Mr. D said...

owh...pakcik dah tahu~ Astigmatism ni lah yg membuatkan makcik susah nk buka mata pagi2..side effect yg x elok..hmm...clas xmo, diulangi xmo, diulangi lagi skali, xmo ponteng2~ study leklok utk exam tau..jgn tido lewat2..mis u makcik~ XoXo

Feezah Hanimoon said...

hehe..tu la.side effect die la tu.nk wat cmne lg..tgh berusaha study bersungguh2 utk exam ni.pastu leh blik.yeay!

jera said...

yay! nk blk jgk! sj nyibuk kt cni ;p

mun, gudluck, chaiyok2~

feemitidee said...

oh babe, tell me about it. If only I could turn back time, I'll never, I repeat, I'll never ever reading in a low light. But then again, what's done cannot be undone kan? Haish2~

Asma Azizan said...

kawan2 besar sket nnti leh je buat LASIK. zaman sudah canggih... hanya perlu korbankan RM3000 dan mata akan kembali normal

zartezaty said...

ya btol asma. tp mun, xmo sedey naa. gudluck jgk! tc