Dumplings at 3 a.m

Today, I did something unexplainable as early as 3 a.m again. Last time, I tried to make doughnuts, but it failed. Haha. This time, it was a Chinese dumpling! Walawei...semangat! And it tastes quite well. Finally I did something today. These dumplings are dedicated to all my London travel mates and thanks to Asma' curiosity, we managed to know what is actually a dumpling :P

All I need was a small cup of flour and a small amount of water to make the dough. For the filling, I substituted the chicken breast with chicken sausage, carrots, mushrooms (optional) and onions. Mixed them with 1/2 tp of salt, 1 tp of pepper, 1 tp of sugar, 1 tp of oil and 1/2 tp of oyster sauce.




Then, I just rolled the dough with my very big ketchup bottle which I kept only due to this purpose. I had really trying hard to produce the similar shape as the dumpling I once ate. And they seems ok for me. Haha.. A cup of flour can produce 6 cute dumplings. When I ate 3 of them, I'm already full. Hadoiyai...




This is my first attempt to prepare a non Malay traditional food, except for spaghetti. But what to do, seems like my stomach can't tolerate much with unfamiliar food. Next time, I'll try the cordon bleu. Only that now I don't have any toothpick to stick the chicken breast together. Otherwise, I would have been eating them vigorously now (^^,)

4 comments:

Asma Azizan said...

walawei!! dough tu buat guna tepung + air je? boleh pulak dia elastik moon. nnti klu bosan2 aku nk try la. macam best je~

jera said...

aku pon ingin bertanya soalan yg sama asmak! awesome la. nnt nk try ah. gila sedapnya mkn time2 breakfast nh hukhukhuk....

Anonymous said...

kenapa kenapa aku jiran bachok! bukan jiran ang! kenapa! kenapa!

Feezah Hanimoon said...

asma' n jera, mmg tepung ngn air mcm nk buat jemput2 tu. tp air tu letak ckt2. supaya dia boleh diuli.

cik anonymous, aku 100 tapak ja dr bilik ang. haha:P ada x tau bau sedap smpai katang smlm??